How do I find an undergraduate honors thesis?
Start with HOLLIS
· Most theses held by the Archives are cataloged in HOLLIS
· Search by author, title, keyword, name of academic department and/or date with the phrase “honors theses”
· As an example, you can consider trying a key word search in combination with the following words: “honors theses” economics
“honors theses” “social studies” 2015
· Make a note of the Archives call number found in “Locations & Availability” or in the headings of recent HOLLIS records
· Examples of call numbers: HU 92.2010.50 or Accession 19419 or Accession 2016.437
Access to original paper copies
· Undergraduate theses can be consulted in the Archives Reading Room (In-Library Use Only)
o Contact the Archives reference staff at email@example.com with your request; provide call number and/or HOLLIS number.
o “Locations & Availability” tab in HOLLIS will provide the Archives call number
o Theses marked with location “OFFSITE STORAGE” need to be requested in advance
o See Planning a Visit for more information
Ordering copies of undergraduate honors theses
· Per University policy, copying of theses requires the written permission of the author for a period of five years after thesis is submitted
· Copies of older undergraduate theses can be ordered from the Harvard Library Imaging Services department
o Start the process by registering for an account with Imaging Services
o When your account is in place, go to “Request for Photoduplication” under “New Requests” in the left column menu
o Complete the online order form, including the call number and/or HOLLIS number fields
o When you submit the online order form, Imaging Services staff will reply with cost and delivery information.
o If you have any questions about this online ordering process, please contact Imaging Services staff directly