How do I find a Thomas Temple Hoopes prize paper?
Start with HOLLIS
- All Hoopes prize papers held by the Archives are cataloged in HOLLIS+
- Search by author, title, and/or keyword
- You can try a keyword search in combination with the following words: hoopes prize*
- Make a note of the Archives call number found in “Locations & Availability” or in the headings of recent HOLLIS records. Examples of call numbers: HU 89.208.9408, Accession 18567 or Accession 2016.039
- A comprehensive list of recent prize winning authors and titles is available on the FAS Prize Office website. Use this information to search HOLLIS for specific authors/titles
Access to original paper copies
- Prize papers can be consulted in the Archives Reading Room (In-Library Use Only)
- Contact the Archives reference staff at email@example.com with your request; provide call number and/or HOLLIS number.
- “Locations & Availability” tab in HOLLIS will provide the Archives call number
- Prize papers marked with location “OFFSITE STORAGE” need to be requested in advance
- See Planning a Visit for more information.
Ordering copies of Hoopes Prize Papers
- Per University policy, copying of prize papers requires the written permission of the author for a period of five years after the prize is awarded.
- Copies of older prize papers can be ordered from the Harvard Library Imaging Services department.
- Start the process by registering for an account with Imaging Services
- When your account is in place, go to “Request for Photoduplication” under “New Requests” in the left column menu
- Complete the online order form, including the call number and or HOLLIS number fields
- When you submit the online order form, Imaging Services staff will reply with cost and delivery information.
- If you have any questions about this online ordering process, please contact Imaging Services staff directly.